World Congress of Families Leadership Memo
Congratulating Trump on Transgender Policy, 30th Year of National Life Chain
“A project of the International Organization for Family, uniting and equipping leaders worldwide to promote the natural family.”
THURSDAY, AUGUST 31, 2017
WCF and NOM President Brian Brown Asks Activists to Thank the President for His Courageous Stand on “Transgenders” in the Military
Brian Brown, president of the National Organization for Marriage and the International Organization for the Family, is asking advocates of the natural family to thank President Trump for moving forward with his decision to ban transgenders from serving in the military.
Brown wrote: “This is exactly the kind of action we’ve been waiting for—not promises that something will happen in the future, but actions to make change happen now. Please join me in thanking President Trump for his action to protect America’s armed forces from the extreme LGBT agenda by signing our petition to President Trump. You can add your name to those of thousands of others to let President Trump know that you appreciate his actions and have his back on this issue.
America’s fighting forces are about one thing: protecting our national security and keeping us safe. The military is not a laboratory for sexual experimentation, costing billions of dollars, where people confused about their “gender” can pretend to be something other than their biological sex, and bill taxpayers for the cost of therapy, surgeries, and special medical treatments. There’s a great deal more that President Trump needs to do to fulfill his promises to protect the religious liberty of people of faith, but the military transgender order is a good step forward.”
Please sign our petition thanking President Trump for his action.
30th Year of the National Life Chain – October 1
On October 1, tens of thousands of people in the United States and Canada will take a stand (literally) for life by quietly standing, holding signs, praying for the victims of abortion (worldwide, 50 million annually), and for “people in crisis situations and for our nations.”
Organizers urge, “You’ll be a light in a darkened world as you help put an end to abortion through prayer. Bring the whole family. Water, lawn chairs, umbrellas and strollers are welcome and encouraged.”
For more information on the annual Life Chain, visit www.lifechain.net.
Calendar of Upcoming Events
- October 1 – Life Chain in the US and Canada. More information..
- October 6-7 2017 — Dialogue of Civilization, Rhodes, Greece, More information…
- October 13-15, 2017 — Values Voter Summit, Washington, D.C.
- November 16-18, 2017 — WCF Caribbean Regional Conference, St. Lucia, Contact…
- November 28-30, 2017 — African Regional Conference, Malawi
- January 1, 2018 — Celebrate “Year of Families” Budapest, Hungary
- February 2, 2018 — Movieguide’s Annual Faith & Values Awards Gala & Report to the Entertainment Industry. Read more…
- May 11-12, 2018 — WCF Family Forum, Lisbon, Portugal, hosted by Dom Duarte Pio, Duke of Braganza and Dona Isabel, Duchess of Braganza
- May 15-19, 2018 — Global Home Education Conference, Moscow and St. Petersburg, Russia